Continuing its expansion, Cirro, Inc. is looking to hire a skilled and motivated, full-time Software
Developer to help us produce our cutting edge products in the Big Data market.
Cirro, Inc. is an exciting and fun place to work and advance your career. We develop leading edge
products in the data warehousing and Big Data market which, for the first time, enables business
analysts and Excel users to query and analyze their data across multiple databases and types of
databases (including Hadoop and other NoSQL products), wherever it is located. This role requires
the understanding of database concepts that will allow the development of new innovative solutions.
You will work alongside a small fast-paced team developing a new software solution within the Data
Warehousing field. The company is located within a bike ride of the beach, in San Juan Capistrano, CA.
You must be highly motivated, quick to learn and interested in a startup experience.
- Learn how to design and develop within a team environment
- Produce shippable code within a fast paced environment
- Learn real world big data
- Produce high performance Map/Reduce algorithms
- Actively participate in design meetings.
- Participate in code reviews of fellow developers
- Contribute to innovation.
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent level of industry experience
- 3+ years of commercial server side software development
- 1+ years of distributed algorithms
- 1+ years of database systems
- 3+ years of Java
- 3+ years of Unix/Linux platforms
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Deliver high quality within a fast paced startup environment
- Strong programming skills and proven delivery under pressure
- Automated Testing experience (JUnit)
- Understanding of parser technology
- Understanding of database optimization techniques
- Previous experience in startup environment
- Experience with server side Java development
- Hands on Hadoop or Map/Reduce experience
- J2EE Experience (Glassfish)